Thursday, June 17, 2010

Cowboy K

Dear E

M's friend's husband passed away suddenly last October and she is overwhelmed by the labor it takes to keep the farm running. Originally E and I planned on doing it but on Monday morning he came up with his typical myriad of excuses why he wasn't ready. I was pissed as he's pulled this before....and M wasn't happy either as they needed the help asap.

So I asked K, and he jumped at the chance. He's gone out four days already this week and loving it. He's been mowing, trimming, and helping with various tasks. M reports he's a hard worker (which we knew).

But what I think he likes just as much is being with the horses. He's always been good with animals. You'd be proud to see him and hear him talk about it each day when he gets home. It may be fulfilling part of his cowboy fantasy too.

I remember......how you loved going down to great-gram's farm and showing me around. Your gram and family was always so welcoming and it was such a different world from the city I was use to. You always wanted us to move back to the country when the kids grew up and left....I'm sorry we never got the chance.

I love and miss you.

R xoxo

No comments: