Friday, April 24, 2009

Dipping my toe into the dating pool again...and it's uncomfortable.   I know I can't nor should try to replace you but find myself attracted to women that look like you, talk like you, act like you.   I even met one (online) with your name. Ridiculous as it seems, I take a little comfort in chatting with her.

I found your copy of "Mountain Man" by Vardis Fisher.   How you loved that book.  After reading a bit I find I like it and try to imagine your mind as you read it many times.  I loved the way your mind worked (well at least most of the time).

E has found a girlfriend, and I lifts my heart to see him with her.  Holding hands, sitting on your backyard swing.   I had "the talk" with him so you don't need to worry.  You never liked the having "the talk" with the boys...and felt it was the father's duty. 

I love you and miss you.

R

No comments: