Wednesday, December 5, 2007

A lot has changed......

I had nearly forgotten I had started this blog. In the days after the last post, my wife became less responsive to chemo, stopped eating and drinking.

We made the hardest decision of our lives....and ceased chemo and started hospice care. She passed away minutes after midnight on August 1, 2007. As prepared as I thought I was in the years, months, and days leading up to her death, I was only fooling myself. I miss her more and in more ways then I could have ever imagined.

I started this blog as a way to get out my thoughts, with no real intentions of sharing it. And I think for my own sanity I need to continue. And will. Soon.

Life as a widower (what a freaky term) is interesting, and I'll be back with more. We just passed the four month mark since losing her, and my thoughts and emotions have run the gamut. My greatest concerns have been for my teenage sons. Until next time.....

No comments: